Holly over at Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade has sent me a Sunshine Award! It couldn't have come at a better time either....with the looming evaluation over my head (results to be learned AFTER the Thanksgiving break...ughh), the root canal that is coming in two days, and who could forget a week worth of kitchen duty (if my children were in here, they would say "she said 'duty'!" ...and I would giggle).
This is the first time I have gotten an award of any kind in my new bloggy world- (and I don't have anything prepared.....ahem...here goes)
The "rules" for the Sunshine award are:
1. Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it.
2. Answer the following questions below.
3. And pass the award to 10~12 fabulous bloggers, link their blogs and let them know you awarded them.
- Favorite color? This is going to make me sound like the dullest person EVER, but I really like the sepia tones. I have those, black and gray as my main color scheme in the living room and it is just very soothing.
- Favorite animal? Otters! Not River Otters, but Sea Otters....I don't know why... I have never even seen one up close, but they are just adorable....raise your hand if you thought I was going to say squirrel!
- Favorite number? 3 I like 3. With 3 children I am constantly trying to find things in 3s. Not exactly the same, but close.
- Favorite drink? Coffee! Coffee! and more Coffee!
- Facebook or Twitter?I don't even have a Facebook! I know, right, what a weirdo!?!?! It makes me nervous...and if I wanted to talk to people from my past, I would have kept in touch with them.....duh, maybe there's a reason I have talked to you in 15 years!!!!
- Your passion? my children. They are my world! I love the Mr. too, but he is on "my list" right now!
- Giving or getting presents? GETTING! GETTING! GETTING! Don't get me wrong, I love to watch my children open presents~ but there is something to be said for a surprise in a box!
- Favorite day? Saturday. It is the day that I do nothing because I have put it all of til Sunday.
- Favorite flowers?Allergies. :( sad...when the MR. made a bad choice about 16 years ago, he actually bought me a silk flower arrangement and showed up at my door.... (it is in the attic) <3
And now I will send this Sunshine Award to a few wonderful ladies who have inspired me over these last few months! In random order: Erica Bohrer (your ideas are phenom!)
Mrs. Wheeler's Tidbits (your writing portfolios were a life saver!)
Teeny TIny Teacher (your wit and humor are very uplifting!)
Teaching First (my kiddos love your centers!)
the teacher wife (book boxes have saved my mornings!)
LadyBug Teacher Files (your tutorials are amazing!)
First Grade Fever (love, love, love your French Fry Facts- that activity and center really helped so many grasp that concept)
dandelions and dragonflies (your red, black, and white has gotten my gears a 'turnin! I love the way your room looks and I have used some of your ideas from Center Central!)
Heather's Heart I love your ideas and your blog helper!
There are so many more! My google reader is blinking at me like crazy right now because it wants me to read all the wonderful things that were posted today!
I hope you will click on over and check out these awesome ladies' blogs! They have all been a part of my class in one way or another in the last couple of months!